With the rapid growth of internet, popularity of personal computer and broadband all over the world has helped a lot to the marketer by promoting and selling the product through e-marketing. E-marketing means doing the business with the help of computer.
The concept of e-business was coined by IBM, means business activities through the use of computer and internet. It helps in attracting right customers. E-marketing starts from the business environment and creates the plan that helps the company to accomplish its goals. The technology of e-marketing transforms the marketing strategy which results in adding consumer value and Increase Company’s profit.
Advantages of e-marketing
1. Shift of power from buyer to seller.
2. Distance has been removed.
3. Anywhere anytime delivery.
4. Easy accessible.
6. Even a small company can enter with e-marketing.
7. No limitation of space, resources and staff.
8. A variety of products can be offered through a single website.
9. Promotion and communication cost has been removed.
10. Convenient shopping.
Disadvantages of e-marketing
1. Sometime not suitable for all types of products.
2. Every year cost of updating the website has to be paid.
3. There is also a lot of struggle in making business.
4. There is the possibility of hacking the website.
5. There may be restriction regarding credit card payment.
Types of e-marketing
There are mainly three types of e-marketing.
1.) Business to business marketing:- under business to business marketing one business organization sell there products to other business organization through internet.
2.) Business to customer marketing:- in business to customer marketing goods and services are sold from the business organization to the customer directly.
3.) Customer to customer marketing:- in customer to customer marketing customers themselves sell there products to the other customers. Like e-bay.