There are many many field in the area of science to do research. One should be completely dedicated towards his or her work for the same, then sky is the limit only.
Let us discuss few of the science fields to do research and make career. The following fields are the broad area, the sub area under each of these fields are so many and will be discussed later on:
1. Environmental Science: We all know that our environment is getting degraded day by day. Thus there are so many research topics and career avenues in this field. The environment science as a subject is taught from schools. Continue reading
Let us today discuss the 10 properties or characteristics of gamma rays.
1. Gamma, γ-rays are not deflected by electric and magnetic fields. It shows that they do not have any charge.
2. Gamma, γ-rays are electromagnetic waves like X-rays. The wavelength of γ-ray photon is smaller than that of X-rays. Continue reading
Last time I have discussed the properties of alpha particles. Toady let us discuss the important properties or characteristics of beta (β) particles:
- A beta (β)- particle carries 1.6 x 10-19 C of negative charge, which is the charge on an electron.
- The mass of β-particle is 9.1 x 10-31 kg, which is the same as that of electron.
- The velocity of β-particles ranges from 33% to 99% of the velocity of light. Continue reading
Today with constant improvisation in Science and Technology, we are in a fast period of progression and production!
One of the technological advancements that make living easy and much more convenient is indubitably the invention of robots. Robots are men-like machines that are capable of performing any scale of tedious tasks, they are programmed for. They have shown a remarkable contribution in cut down the human work load especially in industries. Continue reading
The alpha, α – particles possess following 10 properties:
1. Alpha, α – particle carries double the positive charge of proton, which is equal to the charge on the helium nucleus.
2. Mass of an alpha, α – particle is roughly four times that of hydrogen atom i.e. it is equal to the mass of the helium nucleus.
The above two properties establish that an alpha, α – particle is equivalent to helium nucleus (or a helium atom which has lost its two orbital electrons i.e. a doubly ionized helium atom). Continue reading
Definition of radioactivity:
The phenomenon of emission of active radiations by an element was termed radioactivity. The element exhibiting this property was called radioactivity element.
Natural radioactivity is a spontaneous and self disruptive activity exhibited by a number of heavy elements occurring in nature. The word spontaneous means by its own or by shear out of nature of the element and self disruptive means that the element disintegrates itself i.e. no external provocation influences the emission. Radioactivity is, therefore, the property by virtue of which a heavy element disintegrates itself without being forced by any external agent to do so. Continue reading
Last time we have discussed and derived the Newton’s law of gravitation. Today we will discuss the examples or evidence or proof of the Newton’s law of gravitation. Let us discuss these evidences:
- We all know that earth revolves around the sun and moon around the earth. This rotation is explained or it is a proof of Newton’s law of gravitation.
- The predictions of solar and lunar eclipses are based on this law and these predictions always came true.
- We also have heard about tides in the oceans. These tides in the oceans are made due to the force of attraction (Newton’s law of gravitation) between the moon and ocean water.
- The prediction about the time period of the artificial satellites and the orbits are made on the basis of Newton’s law of gravitation.
These are the examples or evidences or proof of Newton’s law of gravitation. If you know another one, please share with us.
Also read: i)Gravitation and Newton’s law of gravitation
ii) Gravitational force and its properties
If you understood the article, please answer “why moon rotates around the earth”?
a) Newton’s law of gravitation
b) Coulomb’s law
c) Both of above
d) None of the above
Please share your answer in the comment section
Definition of gravitation: Gravitation is the force of attraction between any two bodies of the universe. It It was discovered by Great scientist Newton in the year 1665 (as most of us know when he saw an apple falling down the tree)
Gravitational force is the weakest force among the four basic forces of nature. Continue reading
The earth act like a strong Magnet, the north Pole of earth’s magnet lies near the geographical south and south pole of earth’s magnet lies near the geographical north. This causes a freely suspended magnet to point towards north south direction. It has been established that earth’s magnetic field is fairly uniform such that its value on the surface is 10-5 Tesla and this field extends up to a height nearly 5 times the radius of earth.
Reasons or Causes of Earth Magnetic Field: Continue reading
Q: How the electromagnetic waves are produced?
Ans: We know that a charge at rest produces an electric field around it but no magnetic field where a moving charge produces both electric and magnetic fields but if the charge is moving with constant velocity there will be no charge in the values of the electric and magnetic fields,So all electromagnetic waves are produced.Now if charge is moving with non zero acceleration, both the electric and magnetic field will change, there by producing the em waves. So we conclude that an accelerated charge emits electromagnetic waves. Continue reading