Electrostatics and Electrodynamics
- Write Maxwell’s equations both in integral and differential forms. Also give their physical significance.
- What is Equation of continuity? Explain. How could Maxwell correct and present Ampere’s law in its generalized form?
- Using Ampere law obtain an expression for the magnetic field due to a current carrying straight conductor of infinite length.
- State Gauss theorem. Derive the differential form of Gauss Theorem.
- Show that Coulomb’s Law can be deduced from Gauss Law.
- Using Gauss Theorem calculate the electric field due to a uniformly charged non conducting solid sphere at a point (i) Outside the sphere (ii) On the surface of sphere (iii) Inside the sphere.
- Show that the Electric field is conservative and Prove curl E =0.
- Given A=y2x i + (y-x) k , find divergence and curl of A.