Nd YAG laser has following applications or uses or advantages:
- They produce continuous laser at room temperature
- They can be used as portable systems since the rods are small.
- they have surgical applications.
- they are used material processing such as drilling, spot welding and marking.
- They are used as pumping tunable visible light lasers.
- They have applications in military such as including range finders and target designators.
- Research applications such as Raman spectroscopy, remote sensing, mass spectrometry.
Reference: This article is referred from my authored book “optics and lasers” having ISBN 978-81-272-3833-9. In case of any doubt, post in the comment section.