India’s Union Budget was announced on February 28, 2011. Here the budget highlights for the salaried class:…. Continue reading “India’s Union Budget 2011- What is for salaried class?”
Reliance Industries Limited of India and the United Kingdom’s oil and gas exploration company BP announced a historic deal under which the latter will pay USD 7.2 billion to acquire 30 percent equity stake in the 23 oil and gas production sharing contracts including the KG D6 blocks of Reliance.
- Name the smallest exoplanet discovered recently.
- Recently, which mobile company is divided into two divisions?
- Name the manager of Liverpool who has left the club.
- Who was the costlier cricketer in IPL 4 auction?
- Name the biggest selling small car across the world in 2010.
- Name the company who has placed largest aircraft order in the aviation history.
- Who topped the world’s most powerful person in the Forbes list?
- Where is the world’s longest rail tunnel?
- Name the country that overtook Japan to become world’s largest economy?
- Who won the Commonwealth’s writer prize
Note: Answers will be with the next quiz. Until then keep thinking.
A team of astronomers at NASA claimed that they have discovered the smallest-ever rocky planet outside our solar system. It is named “Kepler-10b. The planet has a size of of 1.4 times, and mass 4.6 times the size of the earth. It has an average density of 8.8 gm per cubic cm.
The discovery is based on 8 months of data collected by the spacecraft from May 2009, to January, 2010.
If earth is a big magnet, then why does not all the iron stick to it?
If you know the answer, then post in the “comments” section.
A computer on the Internet that hosts data, that can be accessed by web browsers using HTTP is known as?
Give your answer in the “comments” section.
What is the name given to the temporary storage area that a web browser uses to store pages and graphics that it has recently opened?
Who won the nobel prize for physics in 2011?
Who won the noble prize for chemistry in 2010?
Who invented the first laser?
what is the principle of optical fibers?
Answer: The principle of fiber is total internal reflection.
What is quantum physics?
who is the winner of nobel prize for literature last year?
What is relativity?
You can post your answer in the “comments” section.