We all are aware of the concept of ac and dc. There are certain differences between two and also there are advantages and disadvantages or drawbacks of ac over dc. I will discuss the advantages in this article and disadvantages in the next article. Let us discuss them one by one.
Advantages of ac over dc:
- We all know that we got ac supply in our homes and we got this supply by transmitting ac over long distances. AC can be transmitted using step up transformers but direct current or dc can not be transmitted by this method.
- The ac is easy to generate than dc.
- It is cheaper to generate ac than dc.
- The ac generators have higher efficiency than dc.
- The loss of energy during transmission is negligible for ac.
- The ac can be easily converted into dc.
- The variation of ac can easily be done using transformers either step up or step down.
- The value or magnitude of ac can be decreased easily without loss of excess of energy. This can be done by using choke coil.
These are the 8 advantages of ac over dc. If you know more, please mention in the comment section.