Applications of ferrites
Ferrites have following applications:
- Ferrites have importance in engineering and technology because they possess spontaneous magnetic moment below the Curie temperature just as iron, cobalt, nickel.
- Due to vey low eddy current losses, ferrites are used as a core of coils in microwave frequency devices and computer memory core elements.
- Due to relatively low permeability and flux density compared to iron, ferrites are not suitable for the use in high field and high power applications, such as motors, generators and power transformers, but they can be used in low field and low power applications.
- Ferrites are used as ferromagnetic insulators in electrical circuits.
- Ferrites like ZnO find low frequency applications in timers. They are also used as switches in refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
- Ferrites are used as magnetic head transducer in recording.
Reference: This article is referred from my book “electrical engineering materials” having ISBN 978-81-272-5069-0. In case of any doubt, comment it or post it.