Dear friends, we all are aware of the gravitational force and in one of my previous articles, we have discussed the force of gravitation. Today we learn about the various properties or characteristics of gravitational force. Lets us discuss them one by one:
Continue reading “9 most important Properties of Gravitational force”
- The gravitational force between two objects forms an action and reaction pair.
- It is always attractive. The gravitational force is never repulsive
- It is a central force that is gravitational force acts along the line joining the centers of the two objects.
- It is a conservative force that is it depends upon initial and final positions, not on the path.
- It is a long range force.
- It is independent of the presence or absence of other objects in the neighborhood.
- It is independent of the nature of the intervening medium between the two objects.
- It does not depend upon the nature and the size of the two objects till their masses remains the same and the distance between their centres remains fixed.
Last time we have discussed and derived the Newton’s law of gravitation. Today we will discuss the examples or evidence or proof of the Newton’s law of gravitation. Let us discuss these evidences:
- We all know that earth revolves around the sun and moon around the earth. This rotation is explained or it is a proof of Newton’s law of gravitation.
- The predictions of solar and lunar eclipses are based on this law and these predictions always came true.
- We also have heard about tides in the oceans. These tides in the oceans are made due to the force of attraction (Newton’s law of gravitation) between the moon and ocean water.
- The prediction about the time period of the artificial satellites and the orbits are made on the basis of Newton’s law of gravitation.
These are the examples or evidences or proof of Newton’s law of gravitation. If you know another one, please share with us.
Also read: i)Gravitation and Newton’s law of gravitation
ii) Gravitational force and its properties
If you understood the article, please answer “why moon rotates around the earth”?
a) Newton’s law of gravitation
b) Coulomb’s law
c) Both of above
d) None of the above
Please share your answer in the comment section
Definition of gravitation: Gravitation is the force of attraction between any two bodies of the universe. It It was discovered by Great scientist Newton in the year 1665 (as most of us know when he saw an apple falling down the tree)
Gravitational force is the weakest force among the four basic forces of nature. Continue reading “Gravitation and Newton’s law of gravitation”