Dear friends, today we will discuss about the basics of Smith Chart or construction of Smith Chart. Let us understand, what is Smith Chart:
- Smith chart is a graphical method to solve transmission line problems.
- It is a graph between resistance component (R/Z0) (or conductance component, C/Y0) and reactance component (±iX/Z0).
Continue reading “INTRODUCTION TO SMITH CHART”
The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started during 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India to encourage students of various disciplines like Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine to take up research careers in these areas. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented students with aptitude for research.
This program strives to assist the students to realise their potential and to ensure that the best scientific talent is developed for research and growth in the country. Generous scholarship and contingency grant is provided (up to the Pre-Ph.D. level) to the selected students.
In addition, summer programs for the KVPY Fellows are organised in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
The KVPY is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. The program is administered by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc, Bangalore), through the overall control of the Chief Executive (SID). The selection of students from those who are studying +1, +2, any U.G. Program including First/Second year Engineering/Medicine are carried out by IISc (Bangalore), IIT-Bombay (Mumbai), and ICMR (New Delhi), respectively, in association with two Zonal Centres one at Kolkata (Indian Institute of Science Education Research, Kolkata) and another at Mumbai (HBCSE, TIFR). There are special groups or committees set up at IISc, IIT and ICMR which screen the applications, conduct interviews at various centres, make the final selection and attend to follow-up matters.
So, hurry up, Last date for this golden opportunity is
1. By post : 01 September 2010
2. In person at IISc : 09 September 2010
3. Last date for closing of Online application: 09 September 2010
4. Last date for receipt of the completed application (both Online/Hard Copy along with cast certificate, project report and processing fee) :10 September 2010.
For more information, see website–